Friday, November 26, 2010

Holy Food Hangover. You'd think after a day of constant snacking and tasting and cooking and full on stuffing my face, that I wouldn't want to see another morsel of food...ever. Yet as it is, I woke up hungry. And ate. again. In my defense I did do my run today and yesterday as well so I feel totally justified. And I'm back on track today...sorta. dang leftovers. dang pie. dang social eating.

I'm really enjoying our company right now. I feel so relaxed and no rush to do anything but enjoy the moment. The kiddies are being so good and playing nicely..shocking really. Yesterday was so enjoyable and I have to brag a moment and tell you that there were so many yummy things to eat. My turkey actually turned out really amazing!!! Thank you Pioneer Woman! I brined my first turkey ever. I thought I over cooked it on accident, I couldn't find that dang meat thermometer. And it was so juicy and sweet. mmmm. Dr. Van commented several times that it was the best turkey he'd ever had. That was nice. I think I liked it because it didn't really even taste like turkey. I'm not a big fan I'd much rather roast a chicken for Thanksgiving but that's just not tradition...NExt year i I want to deep fry a turkey..Maybe I'll brine that one too. Or better yet, I'll make the free turkey I got for buying so much food, for Xmas! ...now I just need that deep fryer. I also want a smoker too. I should be telling this to Dr.Van instead of you. Maybe if you see him you could mention it:)

I have to write about my dinner table for a minuet. My sister in law is amazing at making the dinner table look like it should be in a celebrity wedding.It was so fun creating with her! My shabby chic idea actually turned out really well!! I was so shocked! My blend of creams and whites and silver and gold were so elegant and fun. I gathered dinner plates in shades of white and creams and doilies galore every where! Mis matchy silverware and neatly rolled hankerchiefs tied with a ribbon. Silver and gold candlestick holders with glittery candles and tea lights created a comfortable, romantic glow. Then there were my tissue paper hanging balls gathered over our table. I was praying that they wouldn't fall and ignite and ruin the moment. #2 helped me make tissue paper flowers and we tied them around the goblets and sprinkled "pixie dust" (gold glitter) all over! And I of course had to cover up some of the ugly folding chairs with white pillow cases and glittery gold ribbon. If it had been summer I would have had dinner on the patio with twinkle lights...sigh..... Anyhow, it was beautiful and really enjoyable..and I really did eat too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment