Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Yesterday I was putting on make up. #4 was very interested in this ritual in which I transform myself into a nearly unrecognizable person. I'm surprised he isn't scared or leary of me when the whole process is done. Maybe if I had just walked out all done up without him watching the great change, he would be afraid of this person that somewhat resembles his mother. Anyhow, He loved watching me use the blush brush. He felt like he was missing out and demanded that I give his cheeks a little color too. SO I did, but I had to draw the line at mascara..Although his lashes would be AMAZING! He loves my bracelets and high heels too. Should I be worried. He does have good taste though, but He takes off in my shoes and I find them in odd places,like the pantry shelf, sitting there like an expensive decoration waiting to be admired, or worn.

We shopped at Sams yesterday for Thanksgiving. He was such a good sport. I had so many things in the cart he could barely move. Poor kid. So when we got home he took off outside towards the rope swing. He loves the rope swing. He loves being outside, probably more then the other littles. I really didn't have time to play and swing with him. But I figured I didn't have time not too. He's getting so big and pretty soon he may not want to swing with me. So we swung, and swung, and swung. Until I felt dizzy and ill. He was laughing so much and each time we swung high his face lit up. So I kept swinging so I could see him happy over and over again. The sun was warm on us and the leaves were falling around us I swear it was like an afterschool special in slow motion...It was perfect and I'm glad he made me take a little time out. then he threw fit when we went into the house. Bummer.

I have a slew of family coming into town this week. The inlaws are already here and the rest trickle in the next day or so. I've never done a real Thanksgiving dinner before. I'm nervous and hopeful. I am also brining a turkey courtesy of good ol "pioneer woman". I think we could be great friends if she just knew me. I hope I can do her proud..Thats southern talk. more later #2&3 just got home and I have to hear about the days happenings.

Well, I have to admit I love the day before Thanksgiving. I'm usually at my mom's house baking more pies then we can eat, and preparing the traditional appetizers of Cheese ball, stuffed mushrooms, dates and bacon-which I don't care for they look like cooked cochroaches, but that's just me. Then there is the socializing and the singing in the kitchen at the top of our lungs. I must clarify, this is usually done by my sisters and I. And it is usually followed by a bout of laughter because someone is trying to hit a note well out of their range. Good times. This year has been a little different. I have had the pleasure of cooking along side of my wonderful mother in law and....son. Yes #1 was in the kitchen chopping and slicing in his fresh white apron, he also wants me to point out that he made the cheeseball this year among other things. And I'm sure it will be wonderful. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment