Thursday, November 18, 2010

I just remembered I saw the most amazing blue bird the other day. I was in my closet getting dressed and I looked out the window and there it was. Happily sitting on a branch of a tree in my yard talking merrily to another not so pretty bird. It was electric blue. The color I would want my eyes to be if I had a choice. I so desperately wanted to open my window and hold out my two fingers where I knew that bird would love to perch itself, and just start singing "A Spoon Full of Sugar", at which point my blue bird would join in with it's amazing harmony and we would whistle together and be happy. And then I would snap my fingers and my house would be clean. Just the way Mary Poppins did it. I mean, I am a lot like her, "practically perfect in every way".......well in most ways:) ok, we're nothing alike. She has got it all together, but in my defense Mary didn't birth 4 children. She doesn't even have her own household to run. So there Mary, Whistle that tune.

So I am home today. I need to go antique-ing for some chairs for my dinner table. I am having a hard time finding the motivation and energy though. I even stole Dr.Vans "squirrel killin' " truck to transport my findings, and got his blessing to do so...But alas I'm still recovering from last night's lack of sleep. I already had a diet pepsi and am trying to justify having another one. I should set a limit. I actually have a rather good system in place. Just about every morning I drop #3 off at Pre-school, (choir of angels start singing...now) and then I have my highly protected 44 oz. plastic cup, which I found out I can refill for only 74 cents. So I head to the Shell Station, where they just about know me by name now, no seriously, the other day I got the refill for free because the clerk was in a good mood and I come in often and she said "sometimes, it's nice to get something for free, you can pay tomorrow." Her assumption that I would be in "tomorrow" could have been taken a few different ways in which I could have been offended. Was she suggesting that I had a "drinking problem"? That I am "dependant" on my daily diet pepsi fix to get me thru the day? Either way, she was right, and I was happy to come in again the next day
and pay my 74cents that I took out of Dr.Vans piggy bank. We're pretty much friends now, and I may even give her a X-mas card.

Anyhow, I'm trying to get organized and declutter a few areas in my house..(the whole thing) It's so daunting. We haven't been in this house for very long, but I have still managed to aquire 2 junk drawers. How this happened so quickly is beyond me. It's like the frog in the pot story...You know the one, don't make me type it all out.

So when I am organizing it's hard to just quit and leave to go shopping (as if you or I believe this) But I am willing to make the sacrifice. Because that's the kind of person I am. I am however am not willing to put on makeup or jewelry, to do this task. My sister inlaw would be disappointed in me. (you know who you are..and you probably aren't reading this so, I'm good) But since I still have to run off that dang cereal I figure what's the point right? And who am I trying to impress really? The good people of NC love me for me...Well they would if they knew me.
K . I really should get going, dinner is started, I got a few things organized and it's time to get weighed in. I missed last week so I really should go. And who knows, maybe I"m at goal weight? And then it will be free soon. I will return and report my findings...unless I gained of course at which point, you may not ask me how it went..Obviously if it goes well I will let you
know. I am secretly hoping though they will tell me I am at a perfect weight and that they forbid me to lose another pound or better yet, that I'm too skinny and I should think about gaining weight...Hmmm I will let you know how it goes after all we are friends no matter what my weight right?

So I return from my days outtings triumphant. No, I didn't find a single chair but i did find some cool silverware. I'm doing my Thanksgiving table in a shabby chic theme. I'm hoping it doesn't turn out just shabby. I'm having a hard time thinking right now, Dr. Van is down in the basement with all the kids working on the tree house. The saw is very loud and I'm a little concerned that all the kids are down there...Oh ya, and it concerns me that Dr.Van is using a saw given his career choice. Kinda need those hands ya know? Well, he is determined to get this tree house finished before Thanksgiving. Why the rush? Well, all the family is coming and we're putting the inlaws out there to sleep:) K. not really. But maybe #1&2 will want to sleep out there with cousins. If they don't I just might, it's going to be super cute. And we will have a heater to stay toasty....

Oh my little #4 is so heart broken right now. I think he got kicked out of the basement and he is crushed. Mommy to the rescue..Nothing that a little handful of M&M's wont fix:)

So the night I started this blog I laid in bed for several minuets thinking about the name I
chose. "Carolina Girl"...I thought of "Pioneer Woman".. And then I thought about how uncomfortable and squirmy I get when I try to think of myself as a full grown "woman". I am female and I am over 21, I have been married for nearly 13 years and I have 4 children, so by all accounts I should be a "woman". But I feel so funny saying that. Just like Britney Spears," I'm not a girl, not yet a woman." I'm not really sure when I will be either. I still feel like I'm this little 18yr old girl, and I'm ok with that. Besides "Carolina Woman" doesnt' flow as nicely as "Carolina Girl", I wonder if "Pioneer Woman" be taken so seriously if she was "Pioneer Girl?" I doubt it. I'm ok, with not being taken so seriously for now, I'll let you know when I feel like a "natural woman"..whatever that means..(maybe you don't shave your pitters and legs to be worthy of that title, if that's the case, keep your "natural woman" I'm happy with just being a "girl.")

p.s I reached goal weight today. yay me. Now lets see if I can maintain over the holidays...oy vay.

2 comments:

  1. I have decided you need to write a book. I love the way you write, it's so inviting and honest and fun to read. That's all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooklyn. Thank you. BUt I honestly don't have anything of signifigance to say to even write a book. Therefore, it would be the Seinfield of books, "A book about nothing at all."...NOw that I think about it, it's right up my alley, I hate thinking somtimes.

    ReplyDelete