Friday, December 3, 2010

I'm in bed observing my surroundings. On my night stand I have a take out menu for Franks NY Deli staring me in the face. Thats never a good sign. I admit I went and got my free sandwich today. It was free. That made it taste even better. And they gave me the 12" sub, not the 6". That was awesome. I ate half for lunch...then finished off the other half for dinner when I remembered it was still in the fridge..I almost got giddy thinking about it, kinda like when Dr. Van calls during the day, just to say "Hi"- which is rare.
I'm also looking at the pile o' laundry I once again removed from my bed and placed in the arm chair. It was like De'ja Vu? Like I had already done this very thing so many times before. Weird. I admit, laundry has never been my strong point. Or I guess I should say the folding and putting away part of it. Rarely do we run out of underware probably because we each have like 20 pair just incase the laundry does get away from me. I just hate the daunting task of folding and putting away. I really am lazy about it. When really I should just treat it like a band aid. Rip it off fast and then it's done. Instead, I slowly torture myself by gently peeling it away and stopping half way thru because it hurts too much, so I save it for later, but still always think about it. I know I should fold them as I take them out of the dryer, but seriously 9 times out of 10, the top of my dryer is already occupied with misplaced items that nobody seems to know where they go so the maintain residence on top of my dryer until I get bugged enough to relocate them to their proper homes. And most of the time it ends up being the trash. My Aunt has a rule when it comes to folding, maybe this can help you if you also have a problem with folding laundry. Fold em' while their warm. Do Not let them get cold...Good Idea? Hope it helps you because it sure as heck did nothing for me, except cause me more anxiety.
I also have a cute table that I spray painted set up in here. I was "sewing" some burp cloths a few weeks ago and for some reason, have kept my machine out like I was an avid seamstress just waiting for my next sewing project. I don't sew. I try. I mostly fail at this. Straight-ish lines are pretty much the extent of my abilities. Though, my mother in law swears that if I had a good machine I would "love" sewing. But I swear that if had a real desire to sew for real, then I could probably grow to love it. But I'm not patient enough to learn the sewing "language". Like my 4th graders math homework, it may as well be written in spanish. Maybe I left the machine up to give the appearance of a real sewer...My mother in was just at my house....hmmm.
Well, I have other talents....like..................................................Lets not talk about that.
Anyhow, I am supossed to be snuggling up stairs taking turns with #1,2,&3. I snuggled for a bit but then felt guilty for not having taken a shower after running. SO I said I may return after I clean up. But I'm secretly hoping they can all fall asleep and then in the morning I will tell each of them I snuggled them while they were sleeping. You see, I'm so tired I'm afraid I may fall asleep in one of their beds and their beds are so not comfy...That being said, I should probably get them new beds. Now I have guilt. Darn. I should probably go up and acess the situation before I make any rash decisions about falling asleep in my extremly comfy bed. More guilt. Double darn.

Ok, I'm over it. We have two Christmas parties at our house coming up. Kinda stressed. One for the young women at church then one for our staff. I just want it to be nice, and I don't want anyone regretting it being at our house. My pitters are already getting sweaty. And I just showered. Shoot. I am having our staff party catered. I know, I know, Im such a cheater. But I really think it's for the best. I would be a major un-fun person this next week if I were cooking for 35 people that I was entertaining at my house. It's just too nice of an occasion to mess up and be grouchy over. My kids were helping me decorate today. #1 has become a master of snowflake making in a single afternoon. He was pumping snowflakes out like he was getting paid for it. It was amazing. And my windows look lovely. I've spent the afternoon making more tissue paper balls to hang and then hanging tree ornaments from the ceiling with fishing wire and straight pins. My right thumb is bruised. But my kitchen ceiling looks awesome! I may leave them up all year. Haven't decided yet.
Tomorrow I am busy. Lesson to prepare for church. More decorating, Cleaning because Dr. Van is coming home and I can't have him thinking we just played the whole time he was gone, A parade and some kind of Christmas festival in Brevard to go to, and yes, laundry to fold! And I promised my kids to watch a movie with them tomorrow night because I cancelled tonight on them on account of #3 having several "meltdowns" that left her hysterical and asking me to pray for her to "Have Jesus and Heavenly Father in her heart"......Still trying to figure that one out. She goes to a "Presbyterian Preschool" and she comes home with all sorts of new ideas. The other night she wanted to say the prayer and so we all bowed our heads and folded our arms and she started singing her prayer....It was .....different. But sincere. And a little ...."catchy" it was to the tune of "where is thumbkin?". Learn something new everyday. Especially from #3. She's the one that keeps insisting on asking me "how do the babies get out of your tummy?". Really? Ya, I'm not ready for this talk. I always dance around the answer. Last time, I told her to ask grandma when she comes to visit. But I'm thinking that would be more confusing I dont' use the "real names" of our "private parts" and I know it would all be text book with our nurse/grandma. The truth is, those names make me giggle and feel funny. I know, "grow up Randi!"...I can't. I refuse.
I'd better get to bed gotta get up and goin' in the morn'. Actually I'm secretly hoping that the Nyquil I slipped into everyone's cocoa tonight will allow me to sleep in until 10am. Cross your fingers for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment