Sunday, January 30, 2011

I am so ready for a regular school week!! I have loved the winter weather here In NC, but I'm ready for things to be regular again...I mean, on a normal schedule (everything is good in that department, thanks for asking) am I the only one that feels this way? I looooove my 4 kiddies. But I also have found that I can love them just as much when they are at school. I would be a terrible homeschooling mother. Kudos to those who have the patients for that. I was not made for that for sure. I would end up dropping the kids off at daycare or something, and then I would go back home to enjoy the quiet....Not that I have that now, but I will. Someday. Everyone says i will miss the noise and clutter. Prove it. I dare you.
My #3 child is testing me as of late. I don't know what I did to her, but she is out to get me. Now that I think of it, she is out to get everyone here...I'm starting to think the problem is her. She is 5 afterall. She can be so fun. But she can also make me want to pull off my toenails one by one, rather then listen to her tantrums. I'm hoping she will grow out of it. She's been spending a lot of time in "time out" lately, but I'm starting to think I'm doing it all wrong. I should be the one to go to "time out". Why should she have all the fun of peace and quiet and a possible nap? What kind of punishment is that?? Thats it. I'm going on "time out" tomorrow to see if it's as horrible as she's making it out to be. I think she's pulling my leg and it's all a set up so I can send her to "time out" where she pretends to be in "agony", but secretly wants to live out her days there. Man she's good.....
So, busy week here.
-school cancelled on Monday..still not sure why.
-making some decisions on some property for sale.
-church activity, played a southern talking aunt from Texas in a skit
-fed 6 missionaries 3 of which were added last minuet..it was a total "loaves and fishes" moment.
-ran a bunch of errands with Dr.Van
-ran 30 miles over 5 days
-made cupcakes for church activity
-decorated for church activity
-was a "British" narrator for another skit
-cleaned up the church activity
-picked up child #4 too many times to count because he held his arms up and said in broken english " I need you"
-swept the floor too many times to count
-did several loads of laundry..too many times to count
-sent #3 on time out too many times to count
-did xmas returns, why did I save the receipt if they're just going to give me store credit because it's been over 30 days?
-slept on the couch because Dr. Van was snoring
-ended up sleeping in the bed in #4's room because he awoke with a vengeance and then slept on my head most of the night.
-woke up with a crick in my neck and my shirt off, leaving just an under shirt...still don't know how that one happened..
-"tasted" too many cupcakes
-went to the cardiologist with Dr. Van
-supported Dr.Van in his efforts to "get in shape" as suggested by cardiologist.
-got mad at Dr. Van for buying a scale
-got happy when Dr.Van said he hid the scale so I can't find it
just to name a few things. Next week I have to finish my rootcanal. Good times.

K it's next week. I've been a busy slacker. I always find something to do when I want to blog. Just a moment ago that "something" was to eat a bowl of cereal..I really should be cleaning up the mess around me. It was cleaned earlier. Then I went to a meeting and left the 2 little ones with Dr.Van..need I say more? I arrive at my meeting only to get a call from Dr.Van sounding a little put out. "I'm trying to make mac n cheese and I can't find the butter. Are we all out?? I already have the noodles cooked." In culinary school they have a term that they pounded into our heads "Mise en place" or maybe it's "plase". Anyhow. It means "everything in it's place" or "Make sure you have all your ingredients before you start cooking." I have to cut him some slack since he only attended dental school and not culinary school. But don't you usually check to see if you have everything before hand? Maybe not? Now I am embarrassed to say that yes, I did run out of butter. Paula Deen if you are reading this I am so ashamed! I don't know what to say... I used a lot of butter this week making frosting for my cupcakes and cookies. Why couldn't I have just settled for store bought frosting? I have to be all Martha Stewart about it...It won't happen again I will stock up tomorrow. (on butter that is, not store bought frosting..ewe) But I seriously had a 3 minuet conversation with Dr.Van about butter and what he was supposed to do now with the cooked noodles and can he still make the powder cheese without the butter?? Yes, the kids will survive, there palates are not that sophisticated yet to realize the butter is missing, and really I must get started with my meeting this conversation about mac n cheese has gone on long enough.
So I should be cleaning the aftermath up but I don't want to. Apparently I wasn't the only one either. When I got home #3 was throwing a fit (shocker) #4 was in bed (another shocker) and Dr. Van was in bed as well (not too shocking) But I was left to deal with #3 not wanting anything dad suggested to eat, not being able to find her red elephant (that dad couldn't find either) and her not wanting to stop crying. I was reaching for my toenails when she decided she wanted Cap'n Crunch with Crunch Berries..perfect, dinner is served. And now it's quiet with everyone asleep...except me.
I'm supposed to finish up my "Florida Trips" but I've been so unmotivated, and they were good trips to write about too. So I will write about it just not today.
Something that I have enjoyed since moving to NC is snow skiing. I have never skied in my life. I grew up so close to "MT High" ski resort and never went. Not once. I have never really enjoyed being in the snow. I remember one time having real snow clothes when I was little. When we were in Utah. Those "bib" snow jumper thingy's...They were red. But mostly I just wore jeans. It's not like we were in the snow enough to really purchase snow clothes. So my memories of playing on the snow made me get frostbite just thinking about it. Dr. Van suggested we go skiing after Xmas at a nearby lodge. He assured me that I have never been properly outfitted for the snow, and that it was possible to be warm while in the cold. I was a bit skeptical. I am always cold. I bring my winter jacket filled with "Hot Hands" to the grocery store in July so I don't freeze in the freezer and refrigerator sections. I'm cold right now, and I'm still all dressed and in my jacket..So anyway, I was willing to go and give it a whirl. My sweet Dr.Van took me to the sporting goods store and before I knew it I was the cutest little snow bunny you ever did see...Not really, but I was warm. By the way it's expensive to get set up! I had no idea!
We drove to the resort, so excited and nervous. CLOSED, due to wind. Bummer. I was all geared up for the unknown. We also had #1 child with us who was bummed too, and my #3 brother. Not to worry there was another resort not too far away "Chattaloochee" I believe was what it was called...I like saying that. Say it. It's fun. Now say it with a "southern accent." Even funner. It was not closed. To Be continued......Sorry my computer is going to die and I have to get to bed..or to "couch" I can already hear Dr. Van snoring..Why doesn't that wake him up?? It's not fair.


4 comments:

  1. I love it Randi, its so fun reading about you guys, almost as good as living closer, almost. can't wait to hear about the skiing. and I hope you got some sleep.
    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would have thought I could catch up with you by reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. I am still waiting for you to call me back after you said I hate this phone and hung up on me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woman, I called you twice. Answer your dang phone. And for the record if I was hanging up on you, I may have swore at you first, not at the phone. I probably wouldn't have called you back twice either, just saying.

    ReplyDelete