Thursday, November 18, 2010

So I have been so busy. With what you may ask? ....I don't know. Maybe Church. It is pretty busy and working with the youth seems full time, which I do like. But, it's busy and I have a greater appreciation for my past youth leaders...(sorry I chatted and giggled so much in class.)

My kids are also busy. But not like you would think. There are no lessons after school and they don't get home until 4pm. But as soon as they get home, it's complete chaos. Snacks, homework, chores, fighting (mostly from #3), dinner time. Oh dinner time....My love/hate realtionship with you has got to end... I love dinner. I love cooking. But I don't love cooking dinner in this particular stage of life. Mainly because Dinnertime is when my kids decide to tell me they have a project due the next day, or when they decide to start a random art project, or when most fights need to be resolved, or mostly it's when #4 decides he's not had enough attention and is hanging on my legs and threatening to pull down my pants at any given moment, heaven forbid I ever wear elastic waitbands, because my pants would be down around my ankles.
So no, most time dinner making is not that enjoyable, but I know one day it will be and that gives me hope.

On another note, I love my "carolina bedroom". My back wall in my room faces the backyard and is big windows straight across, and a window on each side wall. The ceiling is vaulted into a nice peak with a little window at the top. I love looking at all the trees in the backyard everytime I walk into my room. In the mornings when I'm lucky enough to sleep in on the weekends, I sometimes lay in bed watching all the squirrels run and jump from branch to branch. It makes me think about Disney's "The Sword in The Stone". I would be a squirrel for a day. Preferrably a white one because your not allowed to kill those ones. But I would be a smart squirrel and not freeze in the middle of the road, like so many do. Then they end up on the side of the road. Dead. I've seen them get hit, and I was in Dr.Vans big truck when he hit one. I cried. I was certain we had just ran over someone's mother..RIP.

There's lot's of road kill here in NC. I mean lots. It's crazy. Racoons, possums, the occasional skunk, and of course squirrels. No need to go hunting for these animals, just drive down the street a bit and you will undoubtly, run into them...literally.

Back to my room. I love it. However, with all those windows, youd think we'd have some curtains up? Some sheers at least? No. Not us. I love all the light it lets in, and I just army crawl on the floor if it's night and the lights are on and I'm changing. No big deal right I can handle that. And usually there are so many leaves on the trees that no one can see in anway.....But, I do have one complaint. It's 3:50 am right now. I couldn't sleep. I knew I should have gotten out of bed at 10pm to take a Tylenol PM, anyhow, I was tossing and turning. And then all of the sudden it was so bright on my face I thought maybe I was getting a visit from an angel or something. But alas, it was not. It was an almost full moon. Blinding me. Reminding me that I was not asleep and that it was big and bright. Just out of nowhere it appeared. Did it move? Did clouds move? Did leaves fall off the tree in the exact spot where it knew it would shine right on my face like a romantic scene in an old movie from the 1950's? Well, however it happend it was far from romantic and quite annoying. I am trying to find the beauty of it all, but am finding it hard at this particular hour. Not only did it wake me up completely, but it also reminded me that I went to bed hungry. And the longer I laid trying to sleep, the hungrier I got. Then I started to feel kinda sick. Kinda like when I was pregnant? Then it triggered my bladder, which of course I couldn't ignore, kinda like when I'm pregnant. SO I had to get up to go potty, which led to putting on my uggs, and my sweat jacket. Which made me hungrier. So I ended up with a bowl of Captain Crunch.... with Crunch Berries (that is very important.) I never do this unless I'm pregnant! I used to have an internal alarm clock that went off everynight at about midnight, at which point I would wake with all these symptoms and end up in the pantry trying to quietly eat my noisey Rice Krispies so my kids wouldn't come down and want some too or worse, so Dr. Van wouln't hear me and pass judgement..not that he would, he knows better..
Anyhow, I am horrified to have ended up in front of the computer at this hour with my cereal, especially since I have Weight Watchers today and have to get weighed in. Oh well. Looks like I will be cozying up to the tredmill for an especially long run today...

And p.s. I'm not pregnant..just FYI.

2 comments:

  1. As I was reading my hands started to get sweaty and my feet! I got so excited that you could possibly be pregnant. I wanted to skip down and read but thought I might miss it if i browsed the text...dang! But cute thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to disappoint you Jenna. Although I would have felt a lot less guilty eating my cereal at 3:30 am had I actually been pregnant. I was just hungry and couldn't sleep and i still haven't ran yet today...or weighed in:/ It's going to be one of those days I can tell...

    ReplyDelete